Are you an author who wants to learn how to use social media tools?
Are you looking for some time-saving tricks and tools to help you write and promote your book?
Are you overwhelmed and don’t know where to start… or even which questions to ask?
This is a 90 minute workshop for authors and writers who want to learn how to:
- Use track changes to revise and edit their manuscript as a Word document.
- Set up a Google account and use
- Google Scholar
- Google Alerts
- Google + Hangouts
- Search for availability of a domain name
- Subscribe to blogs and build a Blogroll
- Set up a Facebook personal profile and create a Facebook Page
- Understand Twitter
- Build a website and/or blog
This workshop will be hands-on where you will learn new skills that save you time and money in your writing efforts. A laptop computer is required for this workshop and the building is equipped with WiFi.
When: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 4:30-6 pm
Where: Boiceville Community Building, Boiceville Road, Brooktondale, NY 14817 (For directions: www.boicevillecottages.com)
Facilitator: Jill Swenson, Ph.D., Lindsay Debach, and Claire Webber.
Cost: $30/person with advanced registration ($35 at the door)
Register: Email firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED TO 10 PARTICIPANTS
Please make payments made by credit card at www.swensonbookdevelopment.com/payments